A vegan Thanksgiving in NYC

Credit%3A+vegoutmag.com

Credit: vegoutmag.com

Britni Dunn, Editor-in-Chief

Whether ordering in or going out this Thanksgiving Thursday, there are plenty of places around NYC that can accommodate a variety of dietary needs. If you are looking for a vegan or vegetarian feast this Thanksgiving, The Pace Press has compiled a list of restaurants to check out!

Veselka

A Ukrainian favorite, Veselka is doing a made-to-order or dine-in Thanksgiving dinner. For the vegetarian option, it is $32. Veselka, or “rainbow” in Ukrainian, is known for its cozy atmosphere and has two different locations—one on 144 Second Avenue and the other on 115 Essex Street—both easily accessible from the University. Thanksgiving dinner will occur from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Nov. 25. The vegetarian dinner will consist of butternut squash stuffed cabbage, a sweet potato and marshmallow pierogi, cornbread chestnut stuffing and apple crumb cake or pumpkin pie for dessert. 

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Veselka (@veselkanyc)

Blossom 

Blossom is known for serving traditional Thanksgiving feasts with a vegan twist. There are two locations on the Upper West Side and in Greenwich Village. For students looking for the familiar taste of a comforting Thanksgiving, this is the place. Blossom offers a Thanksgiving dinner for pick-up and for dine-in (if you make a reservation). Blossom encourages a healthy lifestyle and uses locally sourced produce with completely animal free products. The dinner consists of four courses with many different options. For example, diners can choose from stuffed acorn squash, walnut-crusted seitan, risotto or pine nut dusted eggplant. 

Veggie Grill

Located in the Flatiron District, Veggie Grill has graciously served customers vegan delicacies since 2006 in its mission to create healthy and tasty vegan food. Veggie Grill offers a Thanksgiving dinner for four priced at $75 with a goal to create classic comfort food for those with vegan diets. While you have to pick up the meal and order it online, it is still a large amount of food for the affordable price. The meal includes butternut squash and sage soup, turkey wellington with walnut mushroom stuffing, roasted garlic mashed potatoes with porcini mushroom gravy and green beans with everything bagel butter and cranberry sauce. 

Red Bamboo

For students looking for a dine-in restaurant on Thanksgiving, Red Bamboo is the perfect option. It is also available for take-out and for dine-in the day before Thanksgiving. Right near Washington Square Park, the dinner is $38 per person. Already seasoned in veganising popular dishes, this Thanksgiving Red Bamboo will offer vegan versions of your choice of three entrees: herbed turkey, smoked ham and creole soul chicken. 

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Red Bamboo (@redbamboonyc)

Whole Foods Market 

While it may seem like the basic way to go, there are many locations around NYC where students can pick up a variety of vegan Thanksgiving foods. The market teamed up with chef and cookbook author, Chloe Coscarelli, who created an entirely vegan menu for Whole Foods this holiday. A meal for two will cost $39.99 and includes cremini mushroom roast, miso creamed greens, coconut sweet potato casserole, Jalapeño Cornbread Dressing, and pumpkin curry soup. For students looking for a simple solution for a vegan meal, Whole Foods can be a relatively accessible and incredibly tasty option.