The best bites of NYC Restaurant Week

@fishcheeksnyc on IG

Milana Pogretskaia, Contributor

If you’re in search of some new places to eat this cold winter season, New York City Restaurant Week, running from Jan. 17 through Feb. 12, might be the perfect opportunity for you! This food holiday only comes twice a year, offering special deals at hundreds of restaurants in the city and luring thousands of locals and tourists to visit new places and old-time favorites. Every day, except Saturdays, certain restaurants will offer menus with fixed prices and selections for brunch, lunch or dinner. Reserve a table, grab some friends and check out which NYC restaurants are worth the visit. 

Tribeca Grill ($$$)

Owned by Oscar-winning actor Robert De Niro, Tribeca Grill offers a wide variety of classic dishes, from Caesar salads to king salmon. The restaurant welcomes guests into a cozy atmosphere of an antique wooden bar set in a warehouse located in Lower Manhattan, featuring paintings by De Niro’s father. While Tribeca Grill is pricey, visiting during NYC Restaurant Week would give you the best bang for your buck, as it offers a three-course dinner for just $45, Monday through Friday. 

Fish Cheeks ($$)

Since its opening in 2016, Fish Cheeks has been a fan-favorite Thai seafood restaurant. It offers non-traditional and extraordinary dishes like coconut king crab in a hand-crushed red-curry paste or baked shrimp with pork belly. The authenticity of the restaurant has been recognized by the Government of Thailand and awarded with a Thai Select Designation. The space is designed with colorful tones reminiscent of fish scales and is located in the former Le Philosophe space in NoHo. As NYC Restaurant Week continues, Fish Cheeks will serve $45 lunch and $60 dinner deals. 

Victor ($$)

As a newcomer to NYC Restaurant Week, Victor is owned by two veteran Brooklyn chefs, Ian Alvarez and Ryan Angulo, and has become famous for its Mediterranean dishes that are mainly prepared in the restaurant’s wood-burning oven. The variety of the menu, quality of the dishes and affordable prices have enticed foodies since its opening in 2021–shishito peppers with squid ink romesco, smoked paprika prawns with almond aioli, spiced half chicken with braised greens and charred lemon are just a few dishes that can be found on their menu. The restaurant offers dinner for $45, and an optional wine pairing is also available for $20 per person, for students over 21. 

Ilili ($$$)

Good Lebanese food can be hard to find in the city, but Ilili provides everything you could possibly want with fish, grilled meat and several classic appetizers. Not only are their dishes delicious, but the restaurant also creates an atmosphere as if you are in a giant kaleidoscope through high ceilings and wood-paneled walls with windows and mirrors. Located in the Flatiron District, Ilili’s restaurant week regular is a three-item lunch prix fixe for $45.