Best holiday coffee drinks in NYC

@bluebottle on Instagram

Grace Potter, Executive Editor

When the holiday season hits, we all love our seasonal Starbucks coffee, however, if you’re looking to branch out a little, there is no shortage of coffee shops around the city that make their own holiday drinks. To get you feeling festive and to keep you awake while you study for finals, The Pace Press has made a list of six holiday-themed coffee drinks at shops you can visit this December!

Maman: Evergreen Latte

With locations in the Upper East Side, Soho, Tribeca and more, this adorable coffee shop/brunch stop makes a delicious evergreen latte. This hot drink is a double espresso with house-made spiced rosemary orange syrup and steamed milk of your choice. In the best way possible, this cozy drink tastes like how a Christmas tree smells. Pick one up, curl up under a blanket and turn on a Christmas movie!

P.S. Visit and you might see a certain familiar Editor-in-Chief!

Intelligentsia Coffee: Peppermint Mocha

Intelligentsia Coffee is located in Chelsea, inside The High Line Hotel. Peppermint mochas are always a fan favorite, but what makes Intelligentsia’s special is that they make it with their homemade ganache, giving it a much richer flavor than mocha syrup (no shade to Starbucks!). Go grab a holiday classic and walk The High Line while you enjoy it.

Blue Bottle Coffee: Date Latte

This popular coffee chain is all over the city, and luckily has a location in FiDi, right by the World Trade Center. Just in time for the holidays, Blue Bottle has released a few brand new drinks, including a date latte. This latte is made with nutmeg and low-glycemic date syrup, meaning it isn’t overly sweet. The best part? You can give it a try between classes or on study breaks, it’s only a 10-minute walk from campus!

Bean & Bean: Gingerbread Latte

For the gingerbread lovers out there, Bean & Bean (located in Chelsea) has a latte for you! You can enjoy it iced or hot, and get a little whipped cream on top to sweeten this spiced drink. Take a trip uptown to this cozy little shop, and enjoy this drink on a chilly December day while you finish up that final paper.

787 Coffee: Marzipan Latte

Down near the New York Stock Exchange, you’ll find one of several 787 Coffee locations. This shop never fails to provide unique coffee drinks, and an automatic standout on their menu is the marzipan latte. Based on online reviews alone, this is a house favorite. With a slight peanut flavor that can be balanced with your choice of milk, this indulgent drink is sure to get you into the holiday spirit. 

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by 787 Coffee Co. (@787coffee)

Maman: Torched Chestnut Hot Chocolate

For those of you who don’t drink coffee, we didn’t forget about you! Also on Maman’s seasonal menu is a decadent torched chestnut hot chocolate, made with homemade chocolate and chestnut ganache and a layer of torched marshmallow on top. That’s right, the best part about this drink is how it is made: with a blowtorch! If the evergreen latte isn’t for you, this ultimate holiday hot chocolate drink definitely will be.

Apart from this list, it’s always fun to explore your own local coffee shops to see if they make any special holiday drinks. There’s a chance they’ll have a seasonal gem that will win you over. Happy holidays and good luck in your caffeine-filled endeavors!

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by maman (@_mamannyc_)